2012 Rules & Regs
Register your team now:
Team registration closes July 16th, 2012
Purpose of the Team Competition:
Encourage individuals to join local teams or clubs. Encourages local teams and clubs to recruit new members, bring new riders into the sport, and to advocate all levels of riders to work together.
Encourage teams and clubs to adopt local trails or trail systems through Paydirt. Encourage local clubs and teams to establish working relationships with land managers and local trail maintainers, and work together towards a common advocacy.
- A team can have any number of riders/persons on its roster.
- A team rider/person can only be on one team roster, and must acknowledge that they will be on the team.
- All riders/persons must do at least ten (10) hours of Paydirt (five (5) hours for Juniors ) to receive any points.
- A team rider/person does not have to race or hold a USA Cycling license.
- Each team must elect one (1) contact person. A team roster must be submitted electronically no later than July 16, 2012 to the race series director, and riders can not be added or dropped after that date.
- Roster must include full names, USA Cycling license # (if applicable), race class of each racer, and email address or phone number of non-racers.
A team's points will be a combination of Racer Points and Paydirt Points as follows:
Race Points will be awarded after each race in the H2H Series to each team's best five places.
If more than one (1) racer on a team has the same place finish within the top 5 spots, the racer with the highest amount of Paydirt hours at that time will default to the highest spot. If none of the racers have done any Paydirt yet, the rider with the largest number of participants in their class will default to the highest spot.
Race scores will remain vacant in the team total until that racer has completed their ten (10) hours of Paydirt (five (5) hours for Juniors). If a racer does not complete their Paydirt, the points will not count and will be considered zero (0) at the end of the race season.
Any questions on scoring should be submitted to the Team Competition Scorekeeper.
- 1st place = 12 points
- 2nd place = 9 points
- 3rd place = 8 points
- 4th place = 7 points
- 5th place = 6 points
- 6th place = 5 points
- 7th place = 4 points
- 8th place = 3 points
- 9th place = 2 points
- 10th place = 1 point
Additional Paydirt points will be awarded at the end of season to all team members, both racers and non racers, that do ten (10) or more hours (five (5) hours for juniors ) as follows:
- *10 hours = 10 points
- 20 hours = 20 points
- 30 hours = 30 points
- 40 hours = 40 points
- 50 hours = 50 points
- 60 hours = 60 points
- 70 hours = 70 points
- 80 hours = 80 points
- 90 hours = 90 points
- 100 hours = 100 points
* 5 hours for juniors only = 10 points. After the initial five (5) hours and ten (10) points, juniors will follow the senior Paydirt points schedule.